Totally scratch built. No pony was sacrificed in the making.
- 4 1/2 inches on all fours (can stand on hind legs, but better supported by the tail)
- A custom built internal plastic skeleton made from a construction toy called the robot memo clip.
- All joints are true ball and socket joints and can be detached
- 26 Points of Articulation like::
* double ball joints ("barbell" ball joints) on all 4 main leg joints
* 3 points of articulation on the neck alone
* 2 points of articulation on the tail
* EARS are ARTICULATED, with ball joints made from 6mm Japanese pre-biodegradable airsoft BBs (1990s).
- Face is swappable, with 3 faces made, one already with hand painted eyes.
- Upper mane is removable to swap faces and remove lower mane
- Lower mane is made from FLEXIBLE MOLDED SILICONE RUBBER so it will not hinder with posing. (Even for regular custom action figure makers, I've never heard anyone do it. Then again, I've never seen a fully poseable pony either.) Silicone used is 50 year architectural grade, RTV, clear mixed with pink acrylic.
- Body is made from 2 types of 2 part epoxy clay resin (one fast setting but hard, the other slow setting for sculpting), took around 5 packs to finish!
- Cutie marks are hand painted on both sides and are mirror imaged.
Paints used are (actually any paint I still have lying around) Vallejo Model Colors, Tamiya enamels and acrylics, Gunze Sangyo Aqueous colors, and finished with Mr. Color Top Coat Flat Clear.
Total time spent, my free time everyday for over a month! Yes I'm totally out of my mind.
Fluttershy name and character (c) Hasbro and Lauren Faust